Monday, April 4, 2011

Da Grey Knightz!





Currently around the internet, there has been a growing dialog on the use of counts as armies. There are typically two groups of people, ones who love the idea and those that loathe the idea. So if you fall in the latter group I am sorry this post is not for you.

The Plan

In the ork codex there are many great legendary waaaghs and warbosses. One such figure is Tuska the deamon-killa. He is a warboss that takes special delight in killing deamons (the bigger the better). Well as it happens a new codex has been released for the Grey Knights, and now seems like a good time to jump on the bandwagon and make a Tuska counts-as Grey Knights army.

Tuska will be represented by the stats of Lord Draigo. Since we are using Draigo it seems like I will have to include some Paladins using mega armour nobz I figure that I will include at least one henchman squad that will have some death kultists possibly some mystics or deamonhosts to represent the wierdboyz that Tuska is described to have. I also want to run some purifiers (I hear they are good) as black orcs to represent the tougher, power armour orks. After that the sky is the limit. I really don't know the best way to mak
e Tuska, but I am sure that something will come up.

The Pictures

So I am aware I do a lot of talking and not a lot of doing on this blog so before I made this proposal I wanted to have a prototype model ready to show off to prove I am not crazy(well the lazy crazy anyway). Without further ado here is the first purifier:


I am really looking for feedback, do you think this will work? Does the bolter look ok? Am I a traitor to ork-kind?

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see the army started! He looks great. Still thinking about stuff you can do to make him look like more than just a black orc... I think you need to add grenades to them. Maybe not all of them, but a few, since all GKs have them. I would be inclined to use stick bombz, as imperial grenades are too small and would look out of place. The biggest question though is: how are you going to make your storm ravens?

    ReplyDelete